Tuesday, March 01, 2005

An important change to this site

I came in extra early this morning to work on this blog, and I am taking part of my lunch hour to do the same. As a result of some rather labored efforts to figure out how to do it, I am pleased to announce the addition of a link field, which you will see on the left-hand side of your screen if you scroll down just a bit. Thus far, I have inserted links to 22 websites, which include all of the dozen or so places I visit regularly. I have wanted to make I miei cari amici a sort of one-stop-does-it-all site for me, so that I can simply check in here each day, click the appropriate links, and go where I want to go from my home base, as it were. Because this is your blog as well, I will be more than happy to include any links you want me to add; just send me an e-mail with your request, along with the appropriate URL, and I will add that one to the list, which I anticipate will soon become rather lengthy.

Some of these links have been inserted primarily for the benefit of others; for instance, you will see one link for which I specifically mention having had Erika in mind. I feel confident in predicting that this particular webpage will be pretty useless to the rest of us, but I hope she will enjoy and derive benefit from it. :-) I have also added the Virtual Finland homepage, which is in English, to help us all become more familiar with Erika's homeland.

I was going to go back and rearrange all the links in alphabetical order, but I decided that would be a bit too much of a hassle; so I am leaving them the way they are, at least for the moment. I hope the addition of the weblinks is helpful and interesting to all of you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Barney said...

Garry -- suggest you add a link to the Calvin & Hobbes archive (I just discovered it today via The Mudville Gazette). Enjoy.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

If you get an account at blogrolling.com you can set it to automatically alphabetize your links. It's nifty. Also, if you ever change templates, you can just paste the blogroll code into the new template instead of having to type everything out all over again.

It took me a long, long time to figure that out!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Garry Wilmore said...

My thanks to both of you. I have added the "Calvin & Hobbes" link, as you can see. However, I think I might wait awhile before I try to put my links in alpahbetical order. I kind of like the idea of having "Calvin & Hobbes" listed between the Princeton Dante Project and Shakespeare. :-)

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home