Friday, April 21, 2006

I'm buying this book!

In today's edition of Meridian Magazine, I found this review of a book I most assuredly am going to purchase, and then read thoughtfully, probably more than once. The book was written by Ann Madsen, and is reviewed here by her husband, Dr. Truman Madsen. I wish I could supply a copy of it to my young Iranian friend, who I suspect would feel very much at home in the company of the twelve women who are the subjects of this book.

(Update: I ordered the book a few hours after posting this entry. Also, Barney has brought my attention to another link, which features some reviews and comments about this book. It may be found here. )

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie D. said...

I definitely will be looking for that book. It sounds really great. Thanks for the heads up! :-)

9:19 AM  
Blogger Garry Wilmore said...

If you click on the link, it will tell you how to order it. This book is published by BYU Studies, and will probably not appear in a bookstore such as Border's or Barnes & Noble. I think it safe to predict that this will be an excellent read, however; and because I know the author personally and regard her very highly, both as a person and as a scholar, I have no hesitation about recommending it to you without having (yet) read it myself.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Sylvia said...

It does sound very good - I think the implications of finding peace amidst turmoil, harsh circumstances, and all that could apply to many other areas too - let me know how it goes! :)

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home