Saturday, October 07, 2006

Harvest moon


Harvest moon 2
Originally uploaded by gwilmore.
This is one of three images of last night's harvest moon, taken by me and later posted on Flickr. All three are the same, identical exposure, for which I used my camera's bracketing feature in order to have three different white-balance settings. Of the three, I liked this one best. Each of the images contains a link to at least one of the others, so check out all of them, if you wish. Comments are invited.

Several weeks ago, by the way, I posted another moon photo, which, while not nearly as good as this one, elicited a good deal of interest. I think people liked the story accompanying the photo more than they did the picture itself. I titled it "Alan Shepard's favorite golf course," and related the famous incident during the 1971 Apollo 14 flight, when Shepard hit a golf ball on the moon, in front of a live television audience, and exclaimed that it went "miles and miles and miles." When my son was about 5 years old, I let him look at the moon through my binoculars and told him that story, whereupon he became quite excited and asked if we could see the golf ball with those binoculars. I said no, but had a good chuckle over his question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home