Wednesday, April 11, 2007

A National Geographic wannabe


Butterfly
Originally uploaded by gwilmore.
I'm in a Flickr group called "National Geographic Wannabes," and I think this is the first image I have ever posted to it. This morning I went to work about an hour late, having started my day with a visit to the spring butterfly exhibit at Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix. A friend and fellow Flickr member named Daniel Greene invited me to go there with him. Thanks to that brief but fruitful excursion, I went through the rest of the day with a smile on my face and a spring in my step -- or, more accurately, as much of a spring as I could manage with my now-arthritic feet. I took perhaps 80 pictures during the one-hour visit, including about 10 or so that I deleted on the spot. But this evening I have put several of them on Flickr, with more to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home