Monday, April 12, 2010

On balance in life

As previously noted here and elsewhere, I have always been a very late bloomer. Moreover, with my 57th birthday just around the corner and my health no longer as good as it used to be, I spend a lot of time nowadays reflecting on my own mortality and wondering how I can best develop and refine my particular abilities and gifts, and then put them to use for the benefit of others, in whatever time is left to me. As a Latter-day Saint, I have long since grown accustomed to our frequent admonitions from the pulpit to exercise "moderation in all things." With all of the foregoing in mind, I enjoyed reading this article today, and can't say I disagree with it even though it advocates the exact opposite of "moderation." Kudos to my friend Farnoosh for putting together a most enjoyable and thought-provoking piece of writing, one well worth sharing here with others.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Walter said...

I believe that moderation in everything is not the ultimate principle we need to follow. Deep within us lies the answer to everything. Unless we explore our deeper selves, we will never attain higher awareness.

Life is not all about balance, it is all about learning and evolving and discovering our true essence. :-)

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home