Thursday, November 02, 2006

Want a good laugh? Check this out!

Today I found this humorous little gem on the CNN website and immediately shared it with three of my co-workers, one of whom is a Superior Court judge. I told them it had given me the best laugh I had had in months, although I realized later that I actually had an even better laugh a few weeks ago. (That one centered around an online Yahoo Messenger chat with one of my Iranian friends. During the chat, I sent him a link to a "Calvin & Hobbes" website, while mentioning that I loved the strip, and that it had been known to reduce me to convulsions of helpless laughter in a matter of seconds. I cannot duplicate his reaction here, but suffice it to say that it had my wife and me in stitches. Among other things, my friend suggested that I might need some kind of psychiatric intervention. Perhaps he is right, although I think my need for that treatment is far outweighed by Iran's need for "Calvin & Hobbes.")

My love of sunrises and sunsets is well known, but I also love good satire, and this piece combines both of them in a way. Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sylvia said...

He REALLY said those things?!?!?! I can't believe it!!!!!! WOW!!!!!

What a world we live in! I really like Condi's answer though!! :)

4:25 AM  
Blogger Sylvia said...

PS - I'd like the link to that Calvin - I need a good laugh too! :)

4:26 AM  
Blogger Garry Wilmore said...

Which "he" to you refer to, Kim or the Iranian? In the case of the former, the answer is no; with respect to the latter, the answer is yes, he really did say those things. But I don't mind at all, and it was a small price to pay in order to help introduce "Calvin & Hobbes" into Iran.

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home