Thursday, May 20, 2010

My newest blog

I created a new blog about a month ago, and a permanent link to it is provided on this site. The new one will showcase my favorite poetry. I posted an introduction at the time I created the blog, and in addition composed the draft of another post -- the first one devoted to an actual poem -- which I finished this evening. The delay was occasioned by the length and complexity of the poem in question, which was Canto V of Dante's Inferno, posted there in both English and Italian. Obviously, my first post simply had to be something by Dante; for me, any other choice would not have been quite appropriate. But now that I have given my favorite poet his appropriate place in the blog, other entries should generally be both shorter and easier to post, although Dante will make some additional appearances there as well. (For instance, Inferno XXVI and Paradiso XI and XXXIII, to mention just a few.)

I hope the new blog will attract at least some of my regular viewers here, and that it will prove to be a source of inspiration and enjoyment for all who do visit it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home