Monday, July 04, 2005

Independence Day

I know there are many from all around this beautiful Earth that check out this blog, and most know that today, July 4th, in the U.S., we celebrate Independence Day. While I am very grateful for those who fought and died for our independence in this great country and the blessings of it, I was sitting here, realizing EACH of us, no matter where we are from or where we live now, has times in our lives when we are (hopefully!) able to experience our own "Independence Day".

Perhaps we can only relish that greatness for a short time, but I feel pretty confident in saying that there is a spark of this "Day" for each of us at some time. I know that in my life right now, I am having one of those sparks and it is wonderful to have, to be able to feel confidence in an accomplishment, to overcome a challenge, to realize I can stand on my own two feet and make it through some really tough times. (Not alone! Lots of support around and above to help me!) But to be able to feel that sense of accomplishment that I associate with something as big as this "Independence Day" that we celebrate -

May we each have some joy in our own "Day" -

1 Comments:

Blogger Garry Wilmore said...

Thanks for the comments. And I hope your "Day" is going very well indeed.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home