Sunday, January 29, 2006

Romancing the sunset


Romancing the sunset
Originally uploaded by gwilmore.
I went sunset-hunting late this afternoon and took about 30 pictures, of which this one was clearly the cream of the crop. And judging from the reaction of the Flickr crowd, this may be the best photograph I have ever taken, at least thus far; in any event, it may well prove to be the most popular. Within 90 minutes after I posted it, this photo had received 50 views and had been "faved" five times, and it has received more of both since then. (I am posting it to my blog about 2-1/2 hours after it appeared on Flickr, and when I last checked, it had 66 views and 9 "faves.")

I remarked in the "comments" section that I have only one disappointment about this picture, and it is a very minor one. I wish the couple had embraced and kissed, with that sun disappearing over the mountains behind them. Then the image would have been absolutely perfect.

1 Comments:

Blogger Garry Wilmore said...

What a nice comment! Thank you -- and it's good to see you here again, by the way.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home