Thursday, November 09, 2006

Error message haiku

Kudos to Julie at Happy Catholic for coming up with this. Do you hate computer error messages as much as I do? If so, you might want to ask Microsoft to incorporate some of these, instead of the sterile, humorless error messages that have by now become an unfortunate and inescapable part of our daily life. As I see it, reducing the messages to haiku form could at least serve to make the ordeal of a system failure, data loss, or unexpected shutdown a little more bearable. If the haiku could not evoke a chuckle under those circumstances, then perhaps they could at least soften our frowns, or motivate us to reduce our levels of screaming or cursing.

At any rate, I sort of needed a good laugh today, and I didn't have to look very hard or very long on HC to find one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sylvia said...

Those are great! I especially like the "blue screen" one... :)

5:07 AM  
Blogger Julie D. said...

That was a favorite of mine as well. I also loved the "Mind. Screen. Both blank." :-D

6:38 AM  
Blogger Barney said...

Windows makes errors;
Mac OS X -- not so much
Buy Apple instead!

Best,
Barney

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home