Julie D.'s meme challenge
I've never done a meme before, but Julie, at Happy Catholic, has thrown out a challenge that I have decided to accept. Here's her post. What follows is my own version of it, for whomever might be interested:
1. Five favorite snacks: Chocolate chip cookies; Oreos; peanut butter; graham crackers; French vanilla ice cream.
2. Five songs of which I know all the lyrics: "O mio babbino caro," from Puccini's Gianni Schicchi; "Country Roads," by John Denver; and I'm embarrassed that I don't seem to know any more at the moment. (I am intentionally excluding LDS hymns and the numerous Mad magazine parody songs I memorized as a teenager, most of which I still remember today.) Come to think of it, though: there is at least one other song, to-wit, the theme from the Batman TV show back in the 1960s.
3. The first five things I would do with $100 million: Pay tithing; pay off all our debts; help my sisters-in-law, some missionaries, and a few other distressed individuals we know; invest what remains in a trust fund; travel with my family.
4. Five locations to run off to: Florence; Rome; Greece; Cyprus; Spain.
5. Five things I like doing: Reading; blogging; church work; travel; swimming in our backyard pool.
6. Five things I'd never wear: A certain t-shirt I did wear in college and law school, but for which I have long since repented; Speedos; necklaces or chains; tattoos; facial hair, other than on an occasional day when I am too lazy to shave.
7. Five recently-seen movies I like: "Cinderella Man;" "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants;" "High Noon;" "The Perfect Man;" "Shall We Dance?"
8. Five famous people I'd like to meet: Gordon B. Hinckley; Pope Benedict XVI; Rush Limbaugh; William F. Buckley, Jr.; Sean Hannity.
9. Five joys I am experiencing at the moment: My son's progress; a boss who treats me like a prince; my friends and family; some wonderful photos available on Flickr; the New Testament.
10. Five favorite toys: I don't have many toys, but I'll take a stab at this anyway. Let's see: my Waterman fountain pen; my bicycle; my Walkman; my camera (which is soon to see a great deal more use, now that I am a Flickr addict); our swimming pool, which I suppose does qualify as a toy.
11. Five people to tag for participation: I'm skipping this step, and memes are something I won't do frequently myself. But this one has been fun!