Friday, March 10, 2006

Cooking as therapy

I happen to enjoy cooking, although my repertoire and my skills are both somewhat limited and I don't do it as often as I would like. I also love to travel, and ever since childhood have always been attracted to things exotic and foreign. Thus, I prefer dishes that are popular in other parts of the world, and my favorite cuisines are Italian, Chinese, Greek, and Mexican, in that order. My young Iranian friend, aware of this trait of mine, has promised to send me some recipes from her corner of the world, and I look forward to receiving them, after which I intend to put them to good use.

It was thus with great interest that I read this article in today's Meridian Magazine. I concur with the author's view that cooking, rather than being a tedious chore, can actually be therapeutic. Unless, perhaps, when one is cooking a box of Kraft macaroni and cheese, or something similar, in which case I'd have to say it is a bit tedious.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie D. said...

Great article and so true, it is all about attitude. :-)

12:43 PM  
Blogger Sylvia said...

Cooking is tedious to me - sigh. Some have the capacity to enjoy it! That is something I do not possess. :)

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home